Why responsive websites are Must for a business
Recent studies have proved that by the next year, the usage of the mobile Internet will eclipse the desktop use. Even at the present time, a huge amount of web traffic comes from the mobile devices. Therefore, this is the high time when every business, whether small or big should consider redesigning or building responsive websites. People often ask what responsive websites are all about and why these are important for the businesses.
The answer is that the responsive websites are basically the websites which fit or reformat into any screen sizes across various devices. Today, there are various types of devices of different sizes to surf the web like desktop PCs, large screen laptops, tablets and the Smartphones. With the responsive development, it can be ensured that a site is viewed properly on all these devices. That means, the website should be able to offer satisfactory, enhanced and easy user experience even on the mobile devices.
These days, the mobile devices are considered to be more accessible than the desktops or laptops as people can easily use these devices on the go anytime and from anywhere like while working, while watching TV or while traveling.
The problem with the fixed sized sites is that these are not compatible with the large screen monitors and laptops. Besides, these sites don’t also support the small screen devices like the iPads, smart phones and tablets. As a reason, they don’t look good on different types of screens. This is one of the major causes why the businesses lose their potential clients and customers. So, if you own a company and your website has not yet taken the advantage of the responsive web design, then plan it now or there are chances that your business will go out of the competition very soon.
Here are a few reasons why responsive websites are a must now:
- These sites can easily adapt to the sizes of the screens: Creating responsive websites can be a big thing for every business as these sites look good on the devices of every size as these can easily adapt to the sizes of the screens. Being mobile friendly is very important for the businesses so that the prospective clients and customers can reach to their websites anytime and from anywhere. So, if you can’t provide mobile friendly experience for the clients, they will bounce off and will visit your competitors, who have responsive sites. So, creating responsive sites is an intelligent move.
- These sites can accommodate the intuitive scrolling feature: According to the recent web design trends, the responsive sites should be scrollable and toward more vertical. As people navigate the sites in a different manner on the tablets and on the Smartphones, they are mainly inclined to use the touch technology to scroll the sites. With only the responsive design it is possible to accomplish the vertical scroll, on which the mobile devices mainly rely on.
- Responsive sites can save your money: Mostly people have a misconception that building responsive sites can be costlier than the usual sites. But this is not true. Rather by creating a responsive website, businesses can save money that they might have to spend otherwise, may be on a mobile app or a mobile specific site. Besides, being user friendly, the responsive websites can bring more revenue to the companies.
- Responsive website is platform independent: Unlike a Mobile App which is mostly Operating System dependent, a responsive website, developed properly is completely device independent. It means, irrespective of the operating system or the browser and the type of devices being used, the sites will offer the most optimized user experience as well as will also respond according to that. This is really beneficial for the business owners, as they don’t have to build multiple versions of their sites. Rather, they can embrace the content and the design that suits best with their brands and they can be rest assured that their sites will be reflected properly around various platforms and screen sizes.
- Easy to update and manage: It is relatively easy to make updates on these sites rather than the usual sites and their mobile versions. It is because; the developers can update these sites whenever needed from any type of devices without putting any extra effort. Each and everything is clearly displayed on the responsive sites, no matter through which screen size these are seen.
SEO advantages of Responsive Web Designing:
- Search Engines, more precisely Google loves responsive website: If you are running a business and if you want to get customers & clients from internet or search engines then you should have already known the power of Google. Google is the world’s biggest search engine with around 67% market share. Google has stated very clearly that it appreciates mobile friendly responsive designs. Today user-experience is one of the major factors for ranking higher on SERP and a responsive website provides better user experience than a non-responsive website when viewed on different screen sizes.
- One URL, Multiple Devices: Multiple versions of a website for multiple devices and screen sizes can create content duplication (canonicalization) issue. Responsive websites maintain a single URL structure of the website across various devices which removes the URL canonicalization issue and naturally boost the ranking on search engines.
- Lower bounce rate: A responsive website generally has lower bounce rate than a similar quality non-responsive website. Though only being responsive can’t assure the lower bounce rate but it is always a good move towards the better optimization of user experience and search engines.
- Increase the traffic and user engagements from social media sites: Sharing contents on social media websites is also an important part of overall marketing of a website or company. People love to share valuable contents and when contents from a responsive website get shared, these create single URL for each content (webpage), which makes it easier to navigate around the contents when these are viewed on different devices.
Responsive websites are more search engine friendly, they offer enhanced user experience across various platforms and devices of different screen sizes. Due to their better responsiveness, mobile friendly websites generally have lower bounce rates and better sales conversions. So if you are designing or redesigning your website and thinking of responsive design then you are on the right track otherwise you won’t be able to make the most of tablet & mobile traffic.